17-21 June 2012
Kraków, Nowy Sącz, Tarnów, Tuchów
For the first time the organizers announced The Amateur Film Competition for all children under 16 years of age. Entries arrived from the entire country.
Director Andrzej Maleszka was a special guest of the Festival. He told the audience about his newest project and revealed details about casting and working with young actors. Also, kids had a chance to attend the workshops of Krakow Film School and Animatworks – professional workshops in stop motion animation that resulted in a short film shown at the Closing Ceremony.
Another special event was a performance of Bajko-Nurki for all of the small patients of the University Children’s Hospital in Cracow-Prokocim given by Graciarnia Theater.
This year the ticket fees were donated to the Wawel z Rodziną Foundation.
Competition Jury: Jacek Szymczak, Karolina Lutczyn-Friedek, Piotr Adamczyk, Andrzej Maleszka, Daniel Markowicz, Anna Sienkiewicz-Rogowska, Agnieszka Karp-Szymańska, Olivier Janiak, Arkadiusz Świerczewski.
- Competition Films:
- Main Prize: Tony 10, dir. M. Kamp – feature, NL
- Best short: Bombus Confusus, dir. A. Habermehl – anim. sh., GER
- Children’s Jury Award: Vorstadtkrokodile 2, dir. C. Ditter – feature, GER
- Audience Award: A casa da luz, dir. C. Amil – feature, ESP
- Wintertochter, dir. J. Schmidt – feature, GER/PL
- Dolfje Weerwolfje, dir. J. Lursen – feature, NL
- Patatje Oorlog, dir. N. van Kilsdonk – feature/anim., NL/BEL
- Mia und der Minotaurus, dir. F. Schnell – feature/anim., GER
- Lotte ja kuukivi saladus, dir. J. Poldma, H. Ernits – anim., EST
- O mamie, która połknęła budzik, dir. J. Engel – anim. sh., PL
- Repitu, dir. J. Richtmeyer – anim. sh., GER
- Hinterland, dir. J. Weyde, J. Althoff – anim. sh., GER
- Baśń litewska o słońcu, księżycu i ziemi, dir. L. Skvorcova – anim. sh., PL
- Szkice Chopina, dir. D. Kobiela – anim. sh., PL
- Papa’s Boy, dir. L. Lemmetty – anim. sh., FIN/PL
- Lexdysia, dir. M. Reisbig – anim. sh., PL
- Luminaris, dir. J. P. Zamarella – short, ARG